Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read Level 8 is the second 2nd Grade level in the complete 8-level Learn to Read series.
- Level 1: All About Letters (Pre-K)
- Level 2: All About Letters (Pre-K)
- Level 3: Word Families (Kindergarten)
- Level 4: Word Families (Kindergarten)
- Level 5: Beginning Phonics (First Grade)
- Level 6: Beginning Phonics (First Grade)
- Level 7: Early Fluent Readers (Second Grade)
- Level 8: Early Fluent Readers (Second Grade)
Designed to help your child learn the building blocks of reading, Learn to Read Level 8 covers:
- Level 7 Review
- Vowel Teams Like “oy,” “au,” and “oi”
- Diphthongs and Complex Consonant Blends Like “igh” and “spl”
- “wr-” and “kn-”
- Soft “c” and “g”
- Two-Syllable Words
- 18 New Sight Words
This set includes:
- 3 Original Storybooks written to reinforce the skills your child learns in the program
- This Book is Broken
- The Puppy Look
- Shoes in the Night
- 1 Bonus Book, The Swish-Smacker Dirt Hacker, by the award-winning children's book author Carolyn Crimi
- 1 Workbook that will guide you and your child through all of the lessons and many fun activities
- 1 Set of Stickers to proudly display in the workbooks and celebrate reading success
- 1 DVD filled with music videos and fun introductions to each lesson, where letters come to life
- Video streaming online of all DVD content and additional bonus content on MyHOP (My.HookedonPhonics.com)
Designed in conjunction with leading educators, award-winning authors, teachers and parents, Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read uses a proven, simple, and fun method to give your child a strong foundation in phonics and reading skills.
- Learn: Your child learns to read new words by watching the videos and reading the workbook.
- Practice: Your child practices reading the new sound combinations and words in the workbook.
- Read: Your child puts it all together to read a great story.
- Celebrate: Celebrate success after each lesson and track your child’s progress!